Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Tree


It still stands! Yes, many of you know this tree :) "How?" ask the rest of you... well, if you drive East of Coleman on Hwy 3, you'll see this tree standing bare in the wind. It is now supported by a rod (just left of this pic), which was placed there after it blew over a few years back. It was such a familiar landmark for all the locals and passer-byers, that I guess we just couldn't say goodbye quite yet! Kinda funny actually ~ it seems to represent the steadfast souls who refuse to let the wind get the best of them, calling the Prairies home;)

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Ha! As soon as I saw the photo, I was like "I know that tree!!" =) The funny thing is though, I don't know that I have ever seen it in real life. I have only seen photos that Jesse has taken of it, and it was actually the basis for this big painting I did that hung in our living room in Colorado. What a famous little tree...

Author of Blog: Kendra Israelson said...

...and a tiny tiny world:)
That's funny! I thought of Jesse when posting this b/c I know he's been through The Pass so many times and I figured he'd have a few pics of this tree himself. :)